What To Ask When Buying A Used Vehicle
There are plenty of incentives to buy used instead of new, namely the price difference, however it can be stressful to find a great deal without any lurking issues. Our Aztec area Ford dealer offers a great selection of used cars and a friendly, professional sales staff that makes your car-buying experience second to none, but it’s smart to ask key questions no matter where you’re shopping. That’s why our team at Ziems Ford Corners has offered some questions to ask when buying used to make sure auto shoppers near Aztec drive off feeling satisfied with their purchase.
- Do you have a clean Carfax?
- Has it ever been repainted?
- If it hasn’t already, will the car pass safety and emissions?
- Do you have the clear title in hand?
- Does the vehicle leak any fluids such as oil, antifreeze, or any other essential fluid?
- Finally, are there any dealer documentary fees or other dealer specific fees that I should know about before I begin my negotiation?
These are just a few important questions to consider asking when shopping for a used car. During the process you’ll want to be sure to gain as much information about the current state of the vehicle as possible. This includes the condition of the paint, the front and back glass, defrosting and heating elements, interior elements like audio and turn signals, as well as if its leaking any fluids. Perhaps the most important question to ask is about the history of the car and a Carfax report; this can provide insight into how the vehicle was maintained and give you an idea of how your ride may run in the future.
Asking the right questions before you get behind the wheel of a used car can give you a better idea of what condition the car is in and what future maintenance may look like. If you’re considering a new or used Ford, stop in to Ziems Ford Corners today, or give us a call at (888) 375-9581.